Wednesday, March 18, 2009

BIG NEWS...........

i nicole evelyn bartley, soon to be sister bartley, have been called to serve in the Lansing Michigan Mission. that is right i am going on a mission. oh and i leave on the May 13th, so soon. i am so excited to get out there and serve the great people of michigan. my dad actually grew up in michigan in bangor, which i believe is part of my mission. this is a great adventure for me and look forward to every trial and blessing that is coming my way. i know that most of you do not know anything about this, and it is a shocker, but this is what i am to do at this time in my life. i am truly blessed to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and i have been blessed emensely because of the gospel, and i want to spread that wealth and love of christ to everyone. i hope that you all will keep in touch and write. i hope i will be able to keep my blog updated either by me or my sister in-law, so check back often. i love you all and want you to know how much i apperciate your friendship and support.
here is my address:

sister nicole evelyn bartley
michigan lansing mission
1500 abbott rd ste 110
east lansing, mi 48823

now remember i report to the mtc on may 13th, i should be there for about 3 weeks, which would put me in michigan in june, the hottest and humidest time of the year there. as far as a farewell goes i will have to let you all know about that later. if any of you have any advice or wishes, please let me know. as the time gets closer the more nervous i get.
you all are in my heart and prayers.

love sister bartley

4 comments:

Aaron and Kaime said...

Wow Nicole! That is so awesome! Congratulations. I had no idea. you will do great. I am bummed you will miss my wedding though. :(

DANIELLE said...

YAY!!! That's SO great, Nikki! (I read the news on Kerri's blog and came over to find out where)

The mission was the HARDEST BEST thing I've done in my life thus far. Oh miracle after miracle you will experience. It's sooo amazing!!!

(Just remember, the first bit is tough on everyone -- write down WHY you are going so you can refer to it during hard times and hang in there. Super amazing things are right around the corner. There's my advice. Oh, and goals, goals, goals!!! Write them down and go for it. Okay, I'm done.)

Barlow Fam said...

I had no idea that you were thinking of a mission, I'm so happy for you, you will do such an amazing job!!

Kerri Marie said...

We love you and are so proud and happy for you! You will be an awesome missionary. =)